Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Why do Chinese women love jade bangle bracelets

Why do Chinese women love jade bangle bracelets?  Not all Chinese women do. In fact, younger Chinese women think wearing a jade bangle is something "grandmother" would do, and are too modern to even think about jade. But Chinese and Asian women who do love jade bangle bracelets cherish them and plan to pass them to family members.

There's a Chinese saying: Jade becomes the person who wears it.  Jade qi and body qi come together and the jade takes on the body qi energy of the one who wears it.

Some women who wear jade bangle bracelets all the time feel like they are truly missing a part of themselves when they can't wear their jade bangle.  If they have to remove it for medical procedures, they actually become more ill and don't benefit from the medical procedure as much because they are missing a part of themselves: the qi energy from the jade. 

When I first started selling jade bangle bracelets 15 years ago, a Vietnamese woman living in USA contacted me because she had to remove her jade bangle for a surgery, but she had worn her jade bangle since she was a teenager and her age was near 60.  It was stuck on her wrist, very tight and just the way she liked it.  And it had to get broken so it could be removed.  She felt lost without having a jade bangle and wanted another one as soon as possible.  In the year 2000, the only place you could buy jade was on ebay, and most of it was made for "foreigners", low quality and color treated so not natural.  She had purchased a few trying to get one that felt good, but disappointed they weren't natural when she finally received it.  I had recently returned from China and had purchased quite a few Chinese jade and jadeite bangle bracelets.  In one of the rural areas I went to the residents  heard that an "American" was looking for jade, and and people came out of their  homes with their family jade they wanted to sell to me.   They really wanted American dollars at that time.  I spent as much cash as I had on me buying their older jade, including bangle bracelets.   One of them was just the kind of jade this Vietnamese woman was looking for.  She still wears that jade bangle, and sends me an occasional email to let me know she's still "around" and wearing it. 

I am equally divided about whether to wear one jade bangle bracelet all the time, or change them.  I have quite a large personal collection but have three that I wear most of the time,  and change them as the seasons change.  I wear jade to balance my body qi, and the different seasons of the year require different jade for me.  If you see a jade bangle that really appeals to you,  the reason is probably because it has the right kind of qi energy for you. Trust that feeling.

Green veins on white jadeite bangle bracelet from  "Jade Market" Collection


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog and thanks for sharing. Visit Shoplfa online store and Buy women bracelet online in USA with number of designs and colors. Visit our website and grab the latest stock.

    ReplyDelete